• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dicks ammo sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why there is any love for them at all is baffling to me...As a corporation they propgate the myth that firearms ownership and use are only valid in terms of sporting clays and hunting. Not to mention the way they shafted Troy Industries. Why anyone would willingly support them over Academy, I'll never understand.

I think for two reasons, IMO:

1.) some folks don't pay attention enough or are as active to what goes on in the 2A community (ie. own one or two firearms and shoot maybe 1-2 yearly.)

2.) folks that think everything is a right, take it for granted unknowingly and not a privilege. Ignorance is bliss...

*Sorry, OP for da Hijack! That was no way, shape or form aimed at you. I know you were just looking out for the best interest!*

Last edited:
You people are still spending money there?!?

:tsk:

Not I, sir! And I just bought 9mm New on Freedmonmunnition for $0.192 per round. That's $192 for one thousand or $19.20 per 100 for anyone that doesn't do the math :) Spend more money on ammo to support an anti-gun store? No thanks!

1.) some folks don't pay attention enough or are as active to what goes on in the 2A community (ie. own one or two firearms and shoot maybe 1-2 yearly.)

2.) folks that think everything is a right, take it for granted unknowingly and not a privilege. Ignorance is bliss...

Sorry, OP for da Hijack!

Yea, his intentions were nice. Thanks OP for being willing to help out your fellow ODT'ers!

Even if that is the case, it's obvious their stance just by seeing what they don't offer. My local Dick's used to be a Galyan's and immediately upon taking it over, all the handguns were removed from the store. I asked the guy behind the counter why and he said something to the effect of Dick's didn't believe that handguns served a sporting purpose and as such, they didn't sell them. That was strike one. Strike two was pulling the AR's and strike three was their treatment of Troy.

Can you clarify this? I'm not following...sorry.

This. ever since they went full retard and stopped selling AR's at Dicks because of Sandy hook, they don't get my money anymore.
You NEVER go full retard.
they went beyond that and provided terrible customer service (aka backed out on word) and offered little to no real apology

thus living up to their name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom