• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dickey Betts RIP

It's a good song but I've heard it 10,000 times.

Anyway, Allman Brothers Band has got to be in the top three best Florida rock bands in my opinion. RIP.
Careful now... you're fittin' to piss off all the smelly old tye died Boomers at the Big House in Macon. Cause they got their entire identity tied up in the AB being a Macon band.

Careful now... you're fittin' to piss off all the smelly old tye died Boomers at the Big House in Macon. Cause they got their entire identity tied up in the AB being a Macon band.
They were a Florida band. They moved to Macon because their manager Phil Walden was trying to start his own record company in Macon ( Capricorn) and he gave them free place to stay and rehearsal hall.

They got their biggest success after moving to Macon. That's true, I think. 🤷‍♂️
I don't think they ever put out an album before moving to Macon so yes, they became successful in Macon but most of the band members were either from Florida or grew up in Florida and the band was formed in Florida. Greg and Duanne were born in Nashville but grew up in Daytona. Dickey was born in West Palm but grew up in the Bradenton area. Butch was born in Jacksonville. Berry was from Chicago and Jaimoe from MS.

I don't think they ever put out an album before moving to Macon so yes, they became successful in Macon but most of the band members were either from Florida or grew up in Florida and the band was formed in Florida. Greg and Duanne were born in Nashville but grew up in Daytona. Dickey was born in West Palm but grew up in the Bradenton area. Butch was born in Jacksonville. Berry was from Chicago and Jaimoe from MS.
Yeah, it's like saying Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were from California because they moved there before they got famous. Still a Florida band.

They got their biggest success after moving to Macon. That's true, I think. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah they owed a good bit to Phil Walden and his studio Capricorn Records in downtown Macon. But my point earlier was that there are (or by now were) lots and lots of old hippies and wannabes that told very tall tales about Gregg,Duane Dickey etc. Most of which never happened . Most of them were just living in their own heads wanting to associate themselves with the band.

RIP. One of my top 10 all time bands. Dickey knew what was up too imo.
IMG_5174.jpeg
IMG_5173.jpeg
IMG_5170.jpeg
IMG_5172.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom