• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dickey Betts RIP

Thank you fattboyzz fattboyzz for posting ……. This is very appropriate as far as timing goes .
My daughter was born in 1988 - I named her “Jessica” …….

(This has always been a special song for me - I’m wasnt sure why for many years…but now I think I understand why !)

Sure hate to hear that. Despite Dickey's demons, he wrote some awesome tunes for a great band.

1713488414856.png

We were at the Great Southeast Music Hall back in the 70s'. Doc Watson was featured and about halfway into his set he asked his friend "Richard" to come a play a few. Well out comes Dickey Betts and the two of them pick some fantastic Acoustic songs. We saw him many times with the ABB and his red electric guitar. He will be missed. RIP That would have to be the ultimate Cool. Saw Doc Watson several times over the years, but couldn’t find anything on YouTube with these 2 together.

Anyway, Allman Brothers Band has got to be in the top three best Florida rock bands in my opinion. RIP.
Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Outlaws, Allman Brothers, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet just to name a few, a lot of great bands from Florida.

Back
Top Bottom