• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Devotion was a great movie in an empty theater. Why?

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
I saw Devotion today with my dad. For those that don't know it's the true story of Jesse Brown, the first black naval aviator. Overall it was a good movie with some awesome scenes of F4U Corsairs doing airstrikes and dog fighting with Mig 15s in Korea. I won't ruin the plot for you but it was a true story with a gut wrenching ending that saw his wingman awarded the medal of honor for his actions to save Jesse. However the theater was almost empty and the movie just came out less than a month ago. Most theaters are only running one show per day and we had to drive over an hour away to Decatur to see it. There weren't any posters in the theater and the movie wasn't even listed on the screens that had the show times of all the other movies. Why? Doesn't Hollywood want to celebrate a true African American hero?

Oh yeah I almost forgot, that's the wrong kind of hero. A strong patriotic family man who loved his country. Can't be promoting that even if he was the first black aviator in naval history

Are you talking about Wakanda Forever?

Just being a smartass. I don’t go to movies much anymore. Latest comic book blockbuster seems to be what brings the crowds now.

I saw the preview but don't go to many movies in the theater anymore. The preview was wedged between so much woke shytte it made me leary but am looking forward to it when it hits the small screen

Back
Top Bottom