Determining the value of a 1942 German K98 Mauser

jfcrail

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
33   0
Reaction score
Could someone recommend a website or perhaps a local collector that could determine some of the specifics and value of a 1942 German K98 Mauser? I believe it is of JP Sauer and Sohns manufacture.

Thanks

1. Log in or register it is free
2. Right of the search bar is (Advanced) Select it.
3. Two tabs at the top that say Current Items the other Completed Items Select Completed Items
4. Type in your search

Reactions: A34
No problem. If you ever run into a firearm you have no clue about and the forums have no help for you. You can take pictures and send them to Rock Island auction on there website and they will tell you what it is and the auction estimate.

Gunbroker is a good start, but it's just that - a start.

Check out gunboards.com as there are dedicated Mauser forums over there. With as many variations there are to even a standard 98k, asking how much a Mauser is worth with no pictures or other supporting info is as vague as asking what shade of blue the sky is. There are guys there who live and breath this stuff, so can tell you exactly what you have and what would probably be a good value.

I'll say this, in today's market - which isn't likely to change anytime soon, the advice of $1000 and deduct $50 for every non-matching part will have you leaving money on the table. I've seen Russian capture guns, which have just about everything mismatched sell for $800+ depending on the condition. As collectors, we need to be cognizant of what the market is today and not what it was 2 years ago, or hell - even 6 months ago.

Could someone recommend a website or perhaps a local collector that could determine some of the specifics and value of a 1942 German K98 Mauser? I believe it is of JP Sauer and Sohns manufacture.

Thanks
Sometimes gunbroker is not adequate, but there are a lot of factors that will determine the price, such as condition, matching serial numbers, manufacture, Russian capture, ect. Hopefully some k98 guru can help you out. I know a good bit but am not an expert

Sometimes gunbroker is not adequate, but there are a lot of factors that will determine the price, such as condition, matching serial numbers, manufacture, Russian capture, ect. Hopefully some k98 guru can help you out. I know a good bit but am not an expert
You have to be aware of shilling on gunbroker.

instead of focusing on the highest one or two bids, sort of take an average, then figure out why one or two are out of range.

Back
Top Bottom