• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dell Venue 8 Pro - Anyone have one?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
* edit - nevermind it's working now *

Bought it for my wife Christmas before last. It's been "dead" now for several months. I never bothered with it since she uses her phone but it is (was?) a nice tablet and looks like new so would like to use it. I just called Dell, and for literally more than twice the price I paid new, they'll be happy to fix it. :dizzy: :doh:
I 'assume' it's just a dead battery (but it won't even work when plugged in so maybe not) and I would simply like to plug another battery in to it to test it.

Shot in the dark...

Bought it for my wife Christmas before last. It's been "dead" now for several months. I never bothered with it since she uses her phone but it is (was?) a nice tablet and looks like new so would like to use it. I just called Dell, and for literally more than twice the price I paid new, they'll be happy to fix it. :dizzy: :doh:
I 'assume' it's just a dead battery (but it won't even work when plugged in so maybe not) and I would simply like to plug another battery in to it to test it.

Shot in the dark...
Dell haters in the crowd, eh? lol I've had two of their laptops. The one I'm on now is 5 years old, and all I've had to do is replace the battery. They're like cars, sometimes problems occur.

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU it sounds like something more serious than the battery. Mine functions fine with the battery removed. When you try to turn it on, does the fan come on? Does the power indicator light up? If it does, it might be the hard drive. If neither does, it could be that the motherboard is fried.

Shot in the dark...

For $5, you can get a new battery...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...zoGDhloPY31T-STFQrf_0aAhXc8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Dell haters in the crowd, eh? lol I've had two of their laptops. The one I'm on now is 5 years old, and all I've had to do is replace the battery. They're like cars, sometimes problems occur.

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU it sounds like something more serious than the battery. Mine functions fine with the battery removed. When you try to turn it on, does the fan come on? Does the power indicator light up? If it does, it might be the hard drive. If neither does, it could be that the motherboard is fried.
Thanks for an actual attempt at helping. There's no fan, it's a tablet. I'm afraid it might be the motherboard as well. That thing has VERY few hours on it. Most annoying....

Thanks for an actual attempt at helping. There's no fan, it's a tablet. I'm afraid it might be the motherboard as well. That thing has VERY few hours on it. Most annoying....
One other thing that I thought about. Have you tried a different power supply? If your's is fried, it won't power the unit, and it won't charge the battery. Also, I've always had good luck on power supplies, aftermarket batteries, and cables from eBay sellers. You just have to do a little due diligence in selecting the right seller.

Back
Top Bottom