• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I checked selling Ammo for a profit without a FFL is a FELONY. I'm sure the alphabet people could make a case if someone pi$$ed them off enough.

I no longer own anything that fires 22lr. As bad as I hate to say it, there isn't a damn thing (legally) you can do about the flippers. I despise them as much as anyone else.

Last edited:
The last time I checked selling Ammo for a profit without a FFL is a FELONY. I'm sure the alphabet people could make a case if someone pi$$ed them off enough.
Try again. You do not have to have an FFL to sell ammo. If you did there would be a whole crap ton of mom and pop hardware stores in trouble. Last time you checked was never since you are wrong.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/licensees-conduct-of-business.html#small-arms-ammo-licensing

Q: Is a license required to engage in the business of selling small arms ammunition?
No. A license is not required for a dealer in ammunition only, but a manufacturer or an importer of ammunition must be licensed.
[18 U.S.C. 922 (a)(1)(B)]

Check again

Isn't the "flipper price" of 22LR still less than half the cost of shooting 9mm or 223/556? Sure, it's harder to find and more expensive than it used to be but it's also by far the cheapest thing available to shoot. Sure, it's annoying but buy low on the other ammo that has come down in price and then load up on 22 LR whenever it does level off.

If people would quit paying the high prices the flipping would stop. If you are going to pay $50 for a brick of .22 you have no room to whine, just accept the fact you're an idiot.

Do not have anything that shoots 22lr anymore or plan to have one in the future. My .410 takes care of the squirrels now. Gots plenty of 7.62x54R though..lol

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by erkinator
AO had plenty on shelves. could buy tin of 325 rounds.

at over 30 bucks a box

**** that noise

At the gun show this past weekend, I saw some of those same tuna cans of 325 on sale at a vendor table for $50. I'm guessing they bought them at AO for $35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom