deer processing equipment

The Hobart company in Macon on Mercer university drive use to sell used commercial grinders,cubers band saws,meat cutting knives to the public.

I bought a game winner grinder from academy that came with all the attachments for $99. And a commercial grade food saver from Costco. I have used both to process three deer this year. I also bought the sausage casings and seasoning from academy. This is my first year home processing and after seeing the difference in yield I will never pay to have someone else do it again. I will upgrade the grinder to a Lem when the game winner gives out. There are a couple great books that helped me a bunch and trial and error goes a long way.

The books

Attachments

• 83B321B0-DBAC-47E5-B0EA-8FD186350C51.jpeg
    83B321B0-DBAC-47E5-B0EA-8FD186350C51.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 9
Lem is a good brand. The cabelas brand stuff is pretty good also. There is a place in between i20 and Mansfield on highway 11 call the pony express bargain barn, they sell a fair bit of processing stuff. The stuff I'm referencing is all home use size.

If looking for commercial grade I would look at Hobart or LEM.

As far what is needed I personally have just a grinder and vacuum sealer. I will however have a meat mixer and dehydrator and possibly cuber before I process my own deer again.

Can you share some numbers?
One large Buck with a gutted weight of 130 yielded 46 pounds of ground mixed 80/20 with beef fat. And back straps and tenderloins were left whole and together was another 6 pounds of meat. One doe 110 lbs gave me 38lbs of sausage mixed 80/20 with pork fat and backstraps and tenderloins used for jerky, one 70 pound doe gave 28lbs ground and whole backstraps and tenderloins.

Back
Top Bottom