• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Deer Breeders Illegal Activities put Florida & Georgia at Risk

So in brief, these scum took tags from certified dead deer , tagged live uncertified deer and sold them as pure, disease free, tested, top rate deer ? The extent that some will go through to do illegal acts never ceases to amaze me. The prices he was getting for these are up there also ! I never knew this was going on ( raising certified deer to sell ) . Unbelievable.

This is what "deer hunting" has come to. Here in georgia,people tress pass,hunt at night and any other illegal activity they can do to get some horns . This article represents the other end of the income scale. You go to a zoo,wait for the timed feeder to go off and pick which one you want to shoot. It disgusts me an all that participate in either activity is a "want to be" hunter.

This is what "deer hunting" has come to. Here in georgia,people tress pass,hunt at night and any other illegal activity they can do to get some horns . This article represents the other end of the income scale. You go to a zoo,wait for the timed feeder to go off and pick which one you want to shoot. It disgusts me an all that participate in either activity is a "want to be" hunter.
Yup, I've never agreed with guided hunts, baited fields, etc., it's not right at all.

Wow... I never thought there was that much money in this type of business..... Years back, I would read the end of the GON magazine... which would list out all the people caught and fined for various hunting type violations... Most never received any fine greater than $1000.... normally most fines are in the few hundred dollar range..... all I would say to myself is, that is a reason people keep breaking these laws.... the fines are not enough....

Yup, I've never agreed with guided hunts .
nothing wrong with a guided hunt, for folks with limited time who want to hunt out of state it's the only option if you want to hunt good ground.. My buddy in KY leases dozens of farms from 50ac to 1000ac all are wide open free range hunts no fences other then the ones to keep livestock in.. I my self have taken a few to KY, and trust me I have come home more then once with nothing, it's far from shooting fish in a barrel... Don't get guided mixed up with a caged or a guaranteed high fenced hunt.

deer breeders and deer farmers as a whole are good law abiding folks, it is the few bad apples that ruin it for all the others, same as with anything else...

I'm not buying.

We see too many cases where those involved in this "industry" have cheated & scamed at the peril of the resource.

Keep that crappy mess out of Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom