• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

dec 1 to 26th Doe day missinformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampbuck62

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
Someone on here said you can kill doe's now but only with a bow , as far as I no that is not true... Either sex days are closed till the 26th for any weapon period...

There is nothing in the regs that say otherwise...

there are two exceptions RMR & WMA and Zahnd WMA sept 14th -jan 1st

if anyone know different please post a link....

Last edited:
Well I guess I read this wrong then. Looks like folks complaining about others not reading regs need to do so themselves.

http://georgiawildlife.com/node/3485

Deer Hunters Should Review Either Sex Day Changes for 2013-2014 Season
SOCIAL CIRCLE, Ga. (11/25/2013)
More than 300,000 hunters pursue the most popular game animal in Georgia, the white-tailed deer. As a reminder to hunters, there was a regulation change in the number of available days to take deer of either sex depending on the type of equipment used and the area of your hunt, beginning Dec. 1.

During the period of December 1-25, 2013, hunters should make special note of the following regulations:

Archery equipment may be used for either sex statewide.
Firearms and primitive weapons may be used for deer of either sex in counties with antler restrictions (including Dooly, Hancock, Harris, Macon, Meriwether, Montgomery, Randolph, Talbot, and Troup Counties) and certain metro-Atlanta counties (including Forsyth north of Ga. Hwy. 20, Fulton south of GA Hwy 92, Gwinnett, and Rockdale).
Archery, shotguns and muzzleloading firearms may be used for deer of either sex in that portion of Forsyth County lying south of GA Hwy 20.
Hunters using firearms or muzzleloaders in areas not detailed above may take bucks only.

Last edited:
I called...

Wildlife Resources Division
2070 U S Highway 278, SE
Social Circle, GA 30025-4711
(770) 918-6401

And they confirmed that does CAN be harvested with archery equipment during this period.

During the period of December 1-25, 2013, hunters should make special note of the following regulations:

Firearms and primitive weapons may be used for deer of either sex in counties with antler restrictions (including Dooly, Hancock, Harris, Macon, Meriwether, Montgomery, Randolph, Talbot, and Troup Counties) and certain metro-Atlanta counties (including Forsyth north of Ga. Hwy. 20, Fulton south of GA Hwy 92, Gwinnett, and Rockdale).
Archery, shotguns and muzzleloading firearms may be used for deer of either sex in that portion of Forsyth County lying south of GA Hwy 20.
Hunters using firearms or muzzleloaders in areas not detailed above may take bucks only.
I think it is misleading the best way to clear it up is to call your local GW... if you go by the doe days set in the regs it is closed..but that says it's open .lol

Well I guess I read this wrong then. Looks like folks complaining about others not reading regs need to do so themselves.

http://georgiawildlife.com/node/3485

Deer Hunters Should Review Either Sex Day Changes for 2013-2014 Season
SOCIAL CIRCLE, Ga. (11/25/2013)
More than 300,000 hunters pursue the most popular game animal in Georgia, the white-tailed deer. As a reminder to hunters, there was a regulation change in the number of available days to take deer of either sex depending on the type of equipment used and the area of your hunt, beginning Dec. 1.

The above information is spot on. If one can read and has a 50% comprehension rate she/he will know and understand the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom