Death at Lakewood tonight

thorshammer

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Banned Permanently
0   0
Reaction score
I volunteer at Lakewood Amphitheater, we sell beer to raise money for the band students across ATL. All proceeds, after Lakewood takes its 85% cut, goes to the kids.
The bathrooms are directly across from where we work,(the WAll). After we stopped selling , did our inventory I ran across to the bathroom. These are wizzing ONLY after a night of drunk and rowdy asswipes makes anyone needing to use it for anything impossible.
I go in and am looking for an open stall, one of the stall doors was closed, nothing out of the ordinary for "shy" people.
The stall next door to it opens up and go in to water the flowers.
I went back to the "Wall" and never gave it another thought until I hear yelling.
In next stall over a 19 year old boy had just hung himself.

I didn't know the kid, if I saw him during the night I have no idea.
What bothered me was no one knew WHY he did it, his parents couldn't be found. The homicide and other units cleared that side of the arena.

As I'm in there with my mind on my own petty problems of just wanting the night to end, my sore feet, this ,that, whatever, a young man was dying.
I'm just bummed out. I kept thinking "what if " that were my child. WE finally left after talking to the state police around midnight.
19 years old and as of midnight his parents still could not be found.

Last edited:
Sell beer for the Band students? Proceeds go to the kids? which band students/kids are you speaking of?

Sorry to hear of the young man's death, very sad :(

Damn right it's me !
i.imgur.com_HFyR0Rd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom