• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dawson Forest nuclear reactor site.

Good luck,they have since installed sensors and cameras on and around properties and roads leading to it.They know your there before you do.

I am going to resurrect this VERY old post because the GNAL recently caught my eye and has me very interested. This is the best forum thread that I have found regarding it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get into the underground building that is supposedly at the culdesac at the very end of Dawson Forest Road? I've heard there's a small hole that one can crawl into but I've also heard that as soon as a hole pops up they bury it again.. I wonder why abandoned concrete is guarded so heavily. I'd love to get into the hot cell building (I heard a rumor of a tunnel leading up to it but again have no idea how to access it) but I've heard if you cross the fence the law shows up VERY quickly. A friend of mine said he was let off with a warning and if they're caught again it's jail time.. he was told by officials that there are cameras.

it still has some level of radioactivity and the interior is flooded so it's very dangerous, i saw one video that screamed tetnus shot with all the rusty metal and stairways hidden under the water inside

I am going to resurrect this VERY old post because the GNAL recently caught my eye and has me very interested. This is the best forum thread that I have found regarding it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get into the underground building that is supposedly at the culdesac at the very end of Dawson Forest Road? I've heard there's a small hole that one can crawl into but I've also heard that as soon as a hole pops up they bury it again.. I wonder why abandoned concrete is guarded so heavily. I'd love to get into the hot cell building (I heard a rumor of a tunnel leading up to it but again have no idea how to access it) but I've heard if you cross the fence the law shows up VERY quickly. A friend of mine said he was let off with a warning and if they're caught again it's jail time.. he was told by officials that there are cameras.

Hasn't been a way in there since the late 70's. Everytime someone would access it they would build the pile higher. There's about a 3' x 3' air shaft in the middle of the last clearing on the left on Reservoir Road. Where it goes and how far it goes down before you hit water I don't know. You would have to rappel down. It's only interesting to me because it's a long ways from what was the entrance. If you were able to access the insides from there you would be very deep inside. Where you could go because of the water table is unknown to me.

I'm too old for that kind of adventure so I just leave it be.....

it still has some level of radioactivity and the interior is flooded so it's very dangerous, i saw one video that screamed tetnus shot with all the rusty metal and stairways hidden under the water inside

I saw that video as well, guy was on an inflatable raft. Really made me curious how dangerous that water was and what was submerged. I read online that folks have scuba dived in there before and said there were jeeps and vehicles like that at the bottom in one section. But you know how believable things on the Internet are.

I saw that video as well, guy was on an inflatable raft. Really made me curious how dangerous that water was and what was submerged. I read online that folks have scuba dived in there before and said there were jeeps and vehicles like that at the bottom in one section. But you know how believable things on the Internet are.

I hadn't heard that about vehicles being in there, but I could believe it.
It must be a huge area.

From the air vent that I know of up on Reservoir road, to the the old entrance at the foot of River road is a long, long ways. Maybe not a mile, but at least a half mile.
There's no sign of any other structure that I've found between those 2 areas.
Must have been a helluva facility.....

I'd believe they had a elevator system to get vehicles down there to haul the larger equipment. Once they saw it was radioactive and obsolete they probably abandoned the vehicles.

I'd believe they had a elevator system to get vehicles down there to haul the larger equipment. Once they saw it was radioactive and obsolete they probably abandoned the vehicles.

Oh I believe the vehicle part. Just not sure about someone scuba diving down in there. I'm pretty sure that would be instant stage 5 cancer or death.

I'd love to watch that video if anyone has a link. I know someone who is close to a guy that rafted the tunnel. He said he had to dig around a Jeep. A few posts ago someone posted a link to a TV episode about the facility, they also stated that Jeeps were driven inside the 10 foot wide by 7 foot tall tunnels. Found a buried doorway today on a building that they say goes 5 or 7 stories underground. Could just barely see the corner of the door way through the hole that was covered by massive rocks.

Aside from the nuclear plant, Dawson forest is definitely haunted. We know that after last night...Creepiest place I've ever been to.

Back
Top Bottom