• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DARPA

W
Be glad you got the vaccination. I ended up getting H1N1 "Swine Flu". Spent a day puking, and other fun fluids coming out before going to Wilford Hall and spent 8 hours getting fluids pumped back in because I couldn't hold water down at that point. Found out later that some of the docs had a bet about me b/c that was around the time people were dying from it.
What part of Texas are you from?

Published on Apr 4, 2016
DARPA’s Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Continuous Trail Unmanned Vessel (ACTUV) program has designed, developed and constructed an entirely new class of ocean-going vessel—one intended to traverse thousands of kilometers over the open seas for months at a time, all without a single crew member aboard.

The ACTUV technology demonstration vessel was recently transferred to water at its construction site in Portland, Ore., and conducted speed tests in which it reached a top speed of 27 knots (31 mph/50 kph). The vessel is scheduled to be christened on April 7, 2016, with open-water testing planned to begin in summer 2016 off the California coast.

For more information, visit www.darpa.mil.

Published on Mar 3, 2016
DARPA’s Vertical Takeoff and Landing Experimental Plane (VTOL X-Plane) program seeks to provide innovative cross-pollination between fixed-wing and rotary-wing technologies and by developing and integrating novel subsystems to enable radical improvements in vertical and cruising flight capabilities. In an important step toward that goal, DARPA has awarded the Phase 2 contract for VTOL X-Plane to Aurora Flight Sciences.

Back
Top Bottom