• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Darn DQ!!!!!

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
This match had my second ever DQ and my first one that was "my fault". At the end of the last stage I went to dump the shotgun in the barrel in too much of a hurry and since the barrel was not secured down as they should be it moved when my mag tube hit it causing the shotgun to be flipped out. Even though all dump barrels should be secured to the ground or weighted down at the least as the shooter I should have ensured the gun went in completely before continuing so its not 100% the fault of stage setup. Fortunately the safety was on and sense the barrel moved the gun was facing to the right when it hit the ground so no one was swept in any way and everyone went home with the same amount of holes in their bodies as they came with. The difference between men and boys is men learn their lessons!!!!

Dang...Looks like you were making a good run too. I could hear your frustration. You'll make up for it next time. I always enjoy your vids man.
Oh yeah the win was mine but I’m just glad no one was hurt and you know I’m going to come back with a vengeance!!!! Lol thank you for watching the videos I appreciate it!

Is it commonplace in 3 gun to toss the shotgun from such a distance? I’m but a lowly USPSA shooter and not well versed in all things 3 gun..

Seems chancy... unless you’re an NBA player. :p

Heard it’s not all that uncommon for them to bounce off the ground and back out.

Glad the gun was in a safe condition and everyone walked away with the proper number of holes.

E518868C-1A8E-4265-9130-3A6F6C547523.jpeg

Is it commonplace in 3 gun to toss the shotgun from such a distance? I’m but a lowly USPSA shooter and not well versed in all things 3 gun..

Seems chancy... unless you’re an NBA player. :p

Heard it’s not all that uncommon for them to bounce off the ground and back out.

Glad the gun was in a safe condition and everyone walked away with the proper number of holes.

View attachment 2545323
I have done it several times in the past it’s not ideal because of the “pogo” effect where they bounce back out like you were talking about but I found if you hit the side and let it kinda ride down the wall of the barrel it doesn’t bounce back out but it didn’t work this time..... from now on I will take the step and a half to ensure this doesn’t happen again

Tossing the shotgun into the barrel from some distance away "should be " against the rules.
I'm really surprised they allow that, and don't call a violation just because you happen to make a basket in this game of firearm basketball.

Tossing the shotgun into the barrel from some distance away "should be " against the rules.
I'm really surprised they allow that, and don't call a violation just because you happen to make a basket in this game of firearm basketball.
As long as it’s done safely there is no rule against it. I will obviously think twice about it next time since I got sent home for it this time

Back
Top Bottom