• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dana Safety Supply's Change of Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, on December 26, 2012, Dana Safety Supply was informed by their parent Corporation, Scott McRae that they are no longer, from this day forward, able to sell AR rifles to non-Law Enforcement Personnel. This was a tough decision to make, as it came with much resistance from the General Managers, Retail Managers and Retail Staff.

This was a decision that was not optional to the General Managers, Retail Managers and Retail Staff.

Dana Safety Supply will still be stocking other forms of firearms, bolt action and lever action rifles, pistols and revolvers for retail sales.

Dana Safety Supply is still open to the public; however, we just have another product line, similar to our body armor we carry, that is going to require credentials.

As far AR rifles that are preordered, if you have called and paid for these, we will still honor these commitments. Your lowers and rifles are still yours and we will make sure they get into your hands.

Mike, I hate to hear all this brother! When Sheeple get scared they make poor decisions and that's what's happening here. I will, however, continue shopping there as ya'll supply many to most of my 5.11 Tactical needs and give me the additional ODT discount. I am however, very disappointed that this decision was made.

DSS, hate it for you guys that your higher-ups made this decision for you but as a member of the military, I will not be spending my hard earned money there. I had always heard good things too.

I wrote a quick email to Sheriff Berry, thanking him for his support.

Sheriff Berry,

I wanted to take a moment and write to you, thanking you for your position and response to Dana Safety Supply's new policy. As a former law enforcement officer (listed my former agency) and current member of the military, the new policy does not affect me. However, as a citizen of the United States, I'm offended when any company, regardless of size, takes such a stance. By doing so, they are reinforcing the position that semi-automatic rifles are "evil" and the cause of such great tragedies like that committed at Sandy Hook rather than looking at the true villain and cause of such atrocities.

Having spent a number of years in a larger law enforcement agency, I know that not all in that community are of the same mindset as you and would like to applaud you for speaking out for those of us who strongly support the second amendment.

Sincerely,
Chopper Duke (I used my real name)
Loganville, GA

I hope the decision makers realize that a huge percentage of your customer base is out of the picture now, thank you for all you have offered in the past and GL staying open w/o selling Semi's. They should have at least waited to see whan the Ban includes if passed at all.

Mike, I hate to hear all this brother! When Sheeple get scared they make poor decisions and that's what's happening here. I will, however, continue shopping there as ya'll supply many to most of my 5.11 Tactical needs and give me the additional ODT discount. I am however, very disappointed that this decision was made.

Mall ninja?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom