• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dalton GA

vineyardhunter

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
15   0
Reaction score
Is there any public fishing areas in Dalton? I wanted to take my nephew fishing today but I am not to sure of any lakes or good streams running through dalton. Any info would be apprecitated. Thanks! :pop2:

I usually go to Carters lake about 18 miles from dalton but, I will only go on a small 1 man boat I have. I refuse to set elbow to elbow with 20 mexicans constantly casting over my line. theres a lake up in Ft Mountain state park (10 miles from dalton) you could try I went up there once but, it honestly wasn't all that great, was a nice setting but was full of mexicans jumping around in the water. the local streams around here arent all that great either.

I just read over that seems fishing is great but the mexicans are the issue best of luck. That is of course unless your mexican and dont mind untangling your line every 5 minutes with the guy setting next to you.

If you can get a john boat or something hit the re-regulation pool below carters lake lots of largemouth, hybrids, and stripers, and the brim/bluegill/sunfish go on for days.

theirs an awsome lake o top of grassy mountain just follow the dirt road you should see a sign but i fish all the time their are hidden places everywere like tac off of riverbend road their is a spot on hickory flatts and old tilton beside the shooting rang hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom