• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ75 and clones

Shey

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
100   0
Reaction score
Just started researching the CZ75 design, ect. Looking for input on manufacture and model, prefer full size and steel/alloy frames (no composite). Thanks ODT

The CZ-75 is one of the most cloned handguns around. https://thearmsguide.com/13160/many-cz-clones/

Might as well get the real thing, unless you specifically want a clone. Note that parts may not interchange between manufacturers.

I really like the feel of the CZs in the hand. I've found that their factory triggers have some room for improvement, with the biggest problem being annoying creep in single action. This can be fixed with parts from Cajun Gun Works.

Leaning towards starting with a surplus unit so the CZ75B seems to be readily available. Also Tanfoglio and some Swiss manufactured units with varying prices.

A few years ago bought a Canik 55/Tristar C100 that is a CZ75 compact clone...SA/DA hammer fired, alloy frame...hellova gun for around $300 but these days likely more like $400-$450 on the market...did a CGW trigger spring upgrade and GUUUN custom grips... one of my boys will inherit that one because I’ll never sell it, for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
235b5004e921dfb3d5e85197017ac5cd.jpg

CZ Shadow 2 is precisely made on modern machines and parts/springs are longer-lasting than previous models. The balance is more toward the muzzle and the grip is a bit wider than the earlier SP-01 Shadow, which also benefitted from some polishing of the internals.

Tanfoglio Stock 2 cleans up a few elements of the CZ-75 design. Some really tiny parts that hold the safety in place are replaced with a single roll pin, upward tensioning of the trigger bar switches to a coil spring, and the hammer strut and mainspring are set up differently. There's a bit of stacking in the DA trigger, which I like for drawing onto small targets. Balance is more neutral than the Shadow 2 and the grip is shaped somewhat differently. You can tell they're cousins.

Pistols like the regular CZ-75B are nice, but I'm not sure why I'd take one over a G34, Walther PDP, etc.

Back
Top Bottom