• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ Shadow 2 Compact is out

To be fair, it's the same MSRP as the full-sized Optics-Cut Shadow 2.

Aside from the frame being alloy (the frame on the full-sized is steel) I'm sure there are other minor differences, but the price doesn't seem out of line with their other offerings.

Yeah. I get it… “updated” P01… but how many folks are carrying a gun like that? And the shadow line doesn’t include a firing pin block safety… I presume this compact doesn’t either.

Seems more like they’re targeting the competition crowd with this offering… but I am unaware of a shooting sport that this would be the optimal choice .

Yeah. I get it… “updated” P01… but how many folks are carrying a gun like that? And the shadow line doesn’t include a firing pin block safety… I presume this compact doesn’t either.

Seems more like they’re targeting the competition crowd with this offering… but I am unaware of a shooting sport that this would be the optimal choice .

First thing I thought as well. It's absolutely not a CCW piece and it doesn't make a lot of sense from a competition perspective.

It was such a let down after hearing CZ had something "big in the works" for 2023. Was expecting a steel framed P-10F with polished internals, HBI spring etc. Walther, Canik and S&W are doing great with those all metal striker guns.

I like the idea of it.
Like its an upgraded P01 with optics cut.
But feel the same as the other posts above.

Too small for competition and no decocker or safety block for conceal carry.
Lacks true purpose other than boost sales.

Next, will be the new model of the P01 we really want with optics mounts, safety/decocker convertable, etc.

It does make you wonder whether/if the management structure of the new "Colt/CZ Group" is loaded with people who bring more of Colt's mentality to the table than CZ's.

Back
Top Bottom