• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ Bren 2 7.62x39

dunno man i had the 11 inch pistol and shot maybe 3k thru it without a hickup i also own the 556 model rifle and neither have given a single issue as for swaping the caliber ive heard its quick
as for accuracy mine was accurate as hell so not sure sounds like a shooter issue
and plenty of folks shoot it suppressed

Attachments

• 20210327_220611.jpg
    20210327_220611.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 17
dunno man i had the 11 inch pistol and shot maybe 3k thru it without a hickup i also own the 556 model rifle and neither have given a single issue as for swaping the caliber ive heard its quick
as for accuracy mine was accurate as hell so not sure sounds like a shooter issue
and plenty of folks shoot it suppressed
Yeah, you got one that works. Many people got one (in my case two) that didn't. If you don't see a problem with a significant number of guns from a major manufacturer not working and them not being able to fix it within almost three years, that's on you haha. Also worth noting that while sometimes the issues are always prevalent, they've also suddenly popped up at round counts over 3,000.

The caliber swapping isn't quick, it's impossible, because there are 0 caliber conversion parts (or really most spare parts at all) available 3 years after the gun was released.

Sure maybe I'm just a bad shooter despite getting completely normal accuracy in every single other gun I've ever owned. However I'm far from the only person to report this problem. Maybe it has something to do with having the brackets that hold the side rails directly attached to the pencil barrel? But I guess I generally try to stick with measurements that are a little more objective than "accurate as hell" lol.

Your experience doesn't invalidate mine or my problems with the gun and CZ. The issues with this gun are very, very well documented online.

Yeah, you got one that works. Many people got one (in my case two) that didn't. If you don't see a problem with a significant number of guns from a major manufacturer not working and them not being able to fix it within almost three years, that's on you haha. Also worth noting that while sometimes the issues are always prevalent, they've also suddenly popped up at round counts over 3,000.

The caliber swapping isn't quick, it's impossible, because there are 0 caliber conversion parts (or really most spare parts at all) available 3 years after the gun was released.

Sure maybe I'm just a bad shooter despite getting completely normal accuracy in every single other gun I've ever owned. However I'm far from the only person to report this problem. Maybe it has something to do with having the brackets that hold the side rails directly attached to the pencil barrel? But I guess I generally try to stick with measurements that are a little more objective than "accurate as hell" lol.

Your experience doesn't invalidate mine or my problems with the gun and CZ. The issues with this gun are very, very well documented online.
caliber swap is done by them
your accuracy issue is over gasing did you ever adjust your adjustable gas tube

I have heard about bolt lugs being a problem in 7.62x39 guns. There is a long thread on ARFcom about it. 5.56 does not seem to have those issues. Mine does not.
Accuracy issue... Did you run an HB industries handguard, by any chance? Their recommended torque is less than CZ's recommended number. Barrel will shift if not torqued down properly.
Conversion kits are vapoware. Same as they were for Beretta's ARX100.

I have heard about bolt lugs being a problem in 7.62x39 guns. There is a long thread on ARFcom about it. 5.56 does not seem to have those issues. Mine does not.
Accuracy issue... Did you run an HB industries handguard, by any chance? Their recommended torque is less than CZ's recommended number. Barrel will shift if not torqued down properly.
Conversion kits are vapoware. Same as they were for Beretta's ARX100.
Thanks for being a 5.56 owner that doesn’t downplay x39 issues! I didn’t use an HBI handguard, one of my guns was actually the 2S that doesn’t have a removable one. Yeah, I agree that it’s safe to bet conversion parts are probably never coming. I have heard about the bolt lug issues, I believe a lot of the x39 problems come from using some of the same bolt parts as the 5.56, which the military guns don’t do of course.

caliber swap is done by them
your accuracy issue is over gasing did you ever adjust your adjustable gas tube
Yes lmao of course I tried multiple gas settings. Since the geniuses at CZ only give you “single shot”, “normal” (overgassed), and “adverse” (extra overgassed) that didn’t do anything to alleviate overgassing at all.

If you’re referring to the offer to exchange 5.56 guns for broken x39 guns from CZ, it’s not quick at all. Plenty of guys who sent their guns back and waited months (I was just reading last week how a dude waited 8 months and finally just told them to send the gun back so he could get the gas plug modified by another company), because of course CZ has been prioritizing making money over fixing their mistake with this ordeal.

Thanks for being a 5.56 owner that doesn’t downplay x39 issues! I didn’t use an HBI handguard, one of my guns was actually the 2S that doesn’t have a removable one. Yeah, I agree that it’s safe to bet conversion parts are probably never coming. I have heard about the bolt lug issues, I believe a lot of the x39 problems come from using some of the same bolt parts as the 5.56, which the military guns don’t do of course.
Reminds me of running x39 in AR. I kept a spare BCG on hand since AR x39 bolts are known for breaking. X39 case diameter is larger than 5.56. Which translates into a thinner bolt.
Bren sufferes from the similar issue. Originally developed for 5.56. Bolt was hollowed out for x39. It is weaker.

Funny how you never hear about problems with 5.56 guns developed out of x39 guns, like Galil ACE. Thick x39 bolt becomes an even thicker 5.56 bolt.

Reminds me of running x39 in AR. I kept a spare BCG on hand since AR x39 bolts are known for breaking. X39 case diameter is larger than 5.56. Which translates into a thinner bolt.
Bren sufferes from the similar issue. Originally developed for 5.56. Bolt was hollowed out for x39. It is weaker.

Funny how you never hear about problems with 5.56 guns developed out of x39 guns, like Galil ACE. Thick x39 bolt becomes an even thicker 5.56 bolt.
Lol exactly, I don’t know how a large firearms manufacturer missed the memo that you need to design a multicaliber gun’s bolt around the larger round rather than the smaller one. Seems pretty obvious, especially when they already had functioning x39 military Brens to copy? I don’t know how to explain it besides cost cutting to maximize profit.

Back
Top Bottom