CZ 452 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc011

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
21   0
Reaction score
I picked up a 16" CZ 452 American last week and I'm having an issue, any advice or conversation about similar instances would be appreciated.

I primarily shoot CCI Subsonics, and it is heck to get the bolt to close on a round. When empty the bolt feels nice, but when loading live ammo it is hard to close (you literally have to beat on the bolt handle to get it to close).

CZ said they will work on it for free under the warranty, so I'm not too worried, but I also want to see if anyone else has run into issues with a 452. CZ has an awesome reputation on the internet and I've never read anything bad on them so this has me puzzled.

Thanks.

Everybody ive talked to loves theirs. I think you should just let CZ do their job. They are a great company and will make it right. Something is a miss with that one. It should be smooth all the time!

I've owned two 452s and they were both great rifles. I used the Federal Auto Match ammo and never had a problem. Hope you'rs turns out ok.

So I need to re-title this thread. It should be CCI ammo problems. After talking to the CZ gunsmith I tried some Remington Subsonics, and some CCI standard velocity rounds. Each of them worked fine, but the CCI subsonic round will not allow the bolt to close.

The issue only comes up with those CCI Subsonic rounds. I've tried at least two different lot numbers and they all act the same. What's up with that???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom