• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cutting the Top off of my Festiva. Need advice.

Go "Bo Duke" style. Weld the doors shut, structure problem solved.

When I lived on HHI, I traded a tv for a rusted out 4 door Torino, bought a 12 pack and a few sawzall blades. Not very pretty but it sure let sunshine in lol

Just cut the roof off and be done. It's not worth wasting the time and materials on it. No amount of work to the underside of the car will change anything. It's still going to flex and twist without an upper structure tied in. Chop it and drive it till it either dies or one of your unfinished cuts slices you open and makes you bleed profusely.

I don't think I would drive it without a roll bar
Yeah, I was looking for a roll bar for a while but it's tough to find one this narrow. I will probably go scrounge some channel iron today for my sub frame connectors.

I also got these 2" rubber donut things that go in between the bottom of the spring and the top of the strut for some lift.

Man, you guys aint got any love for Festivas. They really are good reliable cars. Anyway, I'm not the only mental defect Festiva fan. Here are two pics of similar projects. Now I saw the grey one about six months ago and like it a lot better. But it can be done and relatively cheaply. T Festiva.jpgtopless festiva.jpg

Back
Top Bottom