• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CSM Plumley R.I.P. 10 October 2012

captdave77

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The ODT's official HVAC guy
109   0
Reaction score
CSM Basil Plumley, who lost his wife less than a year ago, was checked into hospice care today.

424615_10151230959806276_1342184811_n.jpg

For anyone who does not know who he is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_L._Plumley

Last edited:
The CSM is welcome to come live in my guest room!
I'm a medic and the wife is a nurse... and we'd be happy to do it!

A great American.
To bad we cant have a man with his kind of dedication, fortitude and service to country run for President instead of the 2 "politicians' we have now.
(I hope I get to see a 90 on my birthday cake someday).

A great American.
To bad we cant have a man with his kind of dedication, fortitude and service to country run for President instead of the 2 "politicians' we have now.
(I hope I get to see a 90 on my birthday cake someday).

Ya know that is something that has always bugged me.
I think anyone who want to run for president of this country, must have served in the military.
But thats just my two cents, for what its worth.

Update from Joe Galloway:

Several good friends visited CSM Basil Plumley at the Columbus Hospice today. He had a good night, they report, recognized them, talked a bit, then back under. Now and then a flash of Plumley in his prime when nurses and techs start handling him. His old pal actor Sam Elliott called today. The doctor caught him in a lucid moment and informed him that he was dying. The sergeant major responded that he wasn't sure he was willing to go just yet. I am betting on Sgt Maj Plumley; he won't leave till he is damn good and ready.

GarryOwen, Old Friend!

542190_10151234184501276_507289736_n.jpg

I remember his character in We Were Soilders! He was the biggest bad ass in that movie! A true American hero!

Thanks for the Update Capt. Glad to hear his old buddies are getting by to see him and he is still the same tough as boot leather CSM he is.
Perhaps some thought my previous comment was off color, but I meant it with the highest respect to this warrior's warrior.

Back
Top Bottom