• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crossbow deer.

john39

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
Banned Permanently
0   0
Reaction score
So Saturday I shot what I think has to be the dumbest deer in Union county. I was late getting to my stand. As in about 7:10. I just get to my stand with all my stuff and looked up to see a deer in my longest shooting lane heading towards me. I was using a crossbow and hadn't even sat down, much less got it cocked, which can be a little noisy. Yet this deer still kept coming. I know it saw me. So when it got close, I shot it. Unfortunately it was a bad shot, high in the neck. I "Daniel Boone'd" this deer for two hours before I found it. Down on my hands and knees for a while, even thought I needed a magnifying glass for some of the blood! Turned out what I thought was a doe was actually a button buck. Until the end, the trail was in regular woods, but then he went into a thicket of that beauty berry bush, and even then layed in a small depression. While following him, I kept looking around to see if I could see it, and when I was in the thicket, I was able to make out his ear in that depression. Not a huge deer, but meat for the table! This was my first crossbow deer. And I need more practice!

Good thing a magnifying glass is included in your EDC. I would still be looking as hard for that deer as I am for a stolen gold Cadillac bowling ball bag.

Back
Top Bottom