• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crossbow broadheads

kc30121

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
76   1
Reaction score
I don't know if this should be in the archery section but since we are in bow “hunting” season figured i would ask here.

So….I’ve been bow hunting for about 33-34yrs now and have just made the jump into a crossbow(bad shoulder) and got a excalibur. My question is what is everyone using for broadheads? I have always shot a fixed blade muzzy with my bow and never had a problem. I know Rage has some good reviews but i had one not open years ago and it scared me back to my Muzzy’s.

What should i shoot out of this thing? Im getting about 368-373fps out of it.

I've seen a lot of horror stories of losing deer from rage shooters. I've had really good results with grim reaper broadheads. They have the best cut diameter I've seen in person.

I've seen a lot of horror stories of losing deer from rage shooters. I've had really good results with grim reaper broadheads. They have the best cut diameter I've seen in person.
Thats what I’m trying now. They are the 3 blade mechanical ones only cause a buddy that crossbow said to try them also. I think I’m going to shoot some Muzzy Trocar fixed blade and see how they shoot but with these speeds i dont know.

I bought a different crossbow and got Muzzy crossbow heads for it but have shot Rage crossbow heads. In fact I killed 2 with them last year. Blew all the way through a grown doe with one and a steep top of the shoulder through the other that exited in the side of the brisket

Thats what I’m trying now. They are the 3 blade mechanical ones only cause a buddy that crossbow said to try them also. I think I’m going to shoot some Muzzy Trocar fixed blade and see how they shoot but with these speeds i dont know.
I've been impressed with the grim reaper over any fixed or other mechanical broadheads.

Just took the first one this season with a Grim Reaper whitetail special. The issue people have had with this particular broadhead is getting a guaranteed pass-through using a bow. Not an issue with a crossbow. Big cutting radius and very good accuracy.

I don't know if this should be in the archery section but since we are in bow “hunting” season figured i would ask here.

So….I’ve been bow hunting for about 33-34yrs now and have just made the jump into a crossbow(bad shoulder) and got a excalibur. My question is what is everyone using for broadheads? I have always shot a fixed blade muzzy with my bow and never had a problem. I know Rage has some good reviews but i had one not open years ago and it scared me back to my Muzzy’s.

What should i shoot out of this thing? Im getting about 368-373fps out of it.
Mechanical Muzzy is mine the no collar broadhead 125 grain after that the Grim Reaper!

Back
Top Bottom