• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Craziest ODT Stories

Swapped a welder for a bunch of chickens, had to catch the chickens, which I hoped would be at least half hens, turned out they about all were roosters. What a mess.
That must’ve been lots of chickens. LOL

I had a guy completely strip an old milsurp in the middle of a busy Walmart parking lot once. That’s about as weird as I’ve seen and that’s not even weird, dude just knew his stuff.

Only had a few bad experiences and many, many good experiences.
Have had a couple of people start negotiating after a price was agreed before meeting.
if the buyer inspects the item and finds something they do not like, they are under no obligation to take it but I am not usually going to negotiate unless there is something that I did not know about and did not disclose.

I had one crazy experience where I sold a gun to a guy. He contacted the factory and found that it was not originally sold as the special bundle that I thought it came with. There was absolutely nothing special about the gun in the bundle. He was getting a really good deal with the large number of magazines I was including.
I did the right thing and gave him his money back for the whole package even though he had had it a few days and shot it. I made the mistake of assuming it came from the factory as a package and using that package name in the ad.
Next week guy finds the exact gun package he wants somewhere else and now wants to buy my extra mags. The mags were not available elsewhere so I just gave him the going price for new mags. He paid me several hundred dollars more for the mags than the deal he was getting in the earlier bundle price. I still have the gun. I need to put it back up for sale.

Back
Top Bottom