• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

crawl space encapsulation- Forsyth, Ga Monroe County.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea you were anywhere close to Monroe Co. What exactly is it you're trying to get done? The business next to us does spray foam insulation among other things.

I had no idea you were anywhere close to Monroe Co. What exactly is it you're trying to get done? The business next to us does spray foam insulation among other things.
I'm purchasing a home in Forsyth, GA about 10 minutes from Whistle Stop Cafe.
Hang on...I'm thinking that you're wanting the crawl space sorta "Dried In" ? Is that what we're talking about?

That is correct, dried in can be another term. Looking to "seal" the dirt ground, wrap the supports and maybe add a dehumidifier if needed. I'm not 100% on the specific but wanted to at least get a quote.

I'm purchasing a home in Forsyth, GA about 10 minutes from Whistle Stop Cafe.

That is correct, dried in can be another term. Looking to "seal" the dirt ground, wrap the supports and maybe add a dehumidifier if needed. I'm not 100% on the specific but wanted to at least get a quote.
Let me ask the guys next to us about it tomorrow. I'm gonna send you my number.
And welcome to middle GA. I lived in Forsyth in 04/05 right across from told Tift College Campus. I was within sight of the Ingles. I would move back there now if I could.

My sisters new place in SC has the crawlspace encapsulated.

In her case it's a combination of spray/sheet foam insulation and heavy-duty plastic from what I saw the one time I went in there.

There's a permanent dehumidifier installed since there's no ventilation to the outside anymore.

It supposedly helps a lot with insulating the house from heat/cooling loss for both the rooms above and the ductwork that runs under the floor.

It also supposedly helps with keeping bugs out, although there were plenty of cobwebs when I went in to check it out.

Not sure on the cost, but I'm guessing pretty expensive.

I used aqua guard, they put in a couple of sump pumps, and put plastic down..they did a good job and would use them again if needed, they are a 1 stop shop as far as that kind of stuff goes..when I got my shop spray foamed, I used a company called American something?..not sure..they charged me $6.000 for the metal shop, 20 foot by 30 foot about 14 foot high..it’s a pretty good thing!..make sure u know where all your electrical is plumbing and other stuff..cuz the foam covers it..do your self a favor and put some electrical conduit in that has nothing in it, so u can use it at a future date..I did have a roof leak in the shop, after the spray foam was in, and had to find it!..but still recommend the foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom