• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Craigslist Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is moms demand action anti-gun website where a bunch of soccer moms are ranting and raving that all used gun sales should go thorugh a FFL...

I think it only prevents you from doing that more than 5 times in one year. Your only allowed to change your mind about the car you drive 5 times, then it's time to pay the beast.

Yep. 100% A dealers license is not terribly hard to get, but you will have to start paying taxes on those profits. No such thing as easy money unless you win the lottery....

Yep. 100% A dealers license is not terribly hard to get, but you will have to start paying taxes on those profits. No such thing as easy money unless you win the lottery....
A dealer's license also requires that you have a dedicated piece of real estate to attach the license to. It can be owned or leased and the last time I researched it said building was supposed to be in a commercial area. Those are things I do not have and am currently nowhere close to being able to afford.

Don't sweat it, man. I know people who have done what you do at some point. It has it's ups and downs and it shouldn't be as complicated or expensive as it is to be a merchant. Cars are just like anything else, just more expensive. As long as you don't try to keep a dealer lot in my neighborhood, I don't care how many cars you flip. There are plenty of "legit" dealers that are shady and dishonest, and the fact that they are legit means nothing.

Yeah, I guess so. Still hate me?:)

I never said I hated you. If that's what you took from our conversation then your reading comprehension is lacking...I just think that if you want to be a dealer you should do it the legal way. There's nothing wrong with making an honest living being a car dealer. Hell, my mothers whole side of the family is in the car business and my grandpa used to own about 10-12 dealerships in the Atlanta area. You have hinted at the fact several times in this thread that you know that you should have your dealers license but you make excuses on why you can't or won't get it. Maybe find another job or look for work with a legitimate dealer? Hell, I could probably get you a job working for my Uncle if you are as good as you say you are selling cars, but his dealership is in Morrow.

I'm done talking about this subject now. Y'all have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom