• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Coyotes are no threat to healthy deer....

Clueless bimbo posted the following to the local Nextdoor online forum, got mad when I asked her to coexist with roaches and fire ants.......

Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid of Coyotes

While encountering a coyote on your late night/early morning jog or dog walk isn't pleasant or something anyone wants to experience, they are generally uninterested and reserved animals. Facts: Coyotes are Georgias main apex predator: their job includes keeping insect, rodent, and deer populations in check. They are opportunistic, so while they usually do not go after cats and small dogs, they will if they are presented a good opportunity. A good opportunity includes - off leash dogs, people who have pets and feed coyotes, outdoor cats/dogs, and passive behavior. They are generally most active at dawn and dusk, but will be out and about during the day if they have to be. They tend to hunt alone, or in packs of two. They are not as big as they seem - it's just their coats. They are really a little bigger than a fox. What should you do if you see one: You should "Haze" them, this includes yelling, spraying water at them, flashing lights, anything that makes them uncomfortable. What does not work: Killing/ Trapping them DOES NOT WORK. They are here to stay, and your best option is to coexist with them (More info in the link below). If you are wondering where my information is coming from, and what my sources are you can follow the link below. These are not my only sources, but I thought that this website was the most helpful on breaking this down. https://atlantacoyoteproject.org/

6 Apr · 56 neighborhoods in General
:noidea: huh, must be why GA DNR is willing to give you a shot at a lifetime hunting license if you bring in a harvested coyote

Bad part is 2/3rds of the respondents agreed with her about "God's creatures"..... Satan's Helpers is more like it........
If the vermin were native, I'd probably have a slightly softened stance (or not), but as it is, if they give me even half a chance, lead is flying.

Clueless bimbo posted the following to the local Nextdoor online forum, got mad when I asked her to coexist with roaches and fire ants.......

Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid of Coyotes

While encountering a coyote on your late night/early morning jog or dog walk isn't pleasant or something anyone wants to experience, they are generally uninterested and reserved animals. Facts: Coyotes are Georgias main apex predator: their job includes keeping insect, rodent, and deer populations in check. They are opportunistic, so while they usually do not go after cats and small dogs, they will if they are presented a good opportunity. A good opportunity includes - off leash dogs, people who have pets and feed coyotes, outdoor cats/dogs, and passive behavior. They are generally most active at dawn and dusk, but will be out and about during the day if they have to be. They tend to hunt alone, or in packs of two. They are not as big as they seem - it's just their coats. They are really a little bigger than a fox. What should you do if you see one: You should "Haze" them, this includes yelling, spraying water at them, flashing lights, anything that makes them uncomfortable. What does not work: Killing/ Trapping them DOES NOT WORK. They are here to stay, and your best option is to coexist with them (More info in the link below). If you are wondering where my information is coming from, and what my sources are you can follow the link below. These are not my only sources, but I thought that this website was the most helpful on breaking this down. https://atlantacoyoteproject.org/

6 Apr · 56 neighborhoods in General

Yeah, I pissed a bleeding heart liberal off on next door I this same subject as well. We have an issue with them around my neighborhood. Been heard and seen several times.

Saw a mated pair in the food plot I hunt two days ago just after sunrise. They were out of bow range or I would have taken the male.

Back
Top Bottom