• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote Killin' !!!

drsmile

Default rank <2000 posts Sponsor
Master Extractor
162   0
Reaction score
We live in a somewhat suburban area (county limits - Cherokee, my office is in Cobb). Our road is somewhat of an island - 2-8 ac lots surrounded by cluster neigborhoods, commercial, restaurants etc... Each night with the sirens, the pack starts up. Scat here and there. Trail cam pics of yotes following deer. Dogs going nuts at night, etc... So I decided to go up a tree and wait until dark today to see what I could see - deer or coyote. I came home w/ Wylie! My first predator - I am so stoked!!!! 50 lb male. Took him w/ an AAC Micro 7 300 Blackout. Handloads (14.9gr H110 and 130gr Barnes TTSX). Clean thru his chest at 40 yds - rolled over twice, jumped up ran 30 ft and fell dead. Put him over the shoulder and brought him 250 yds to the driveway for pics. Good exit wound pic by the wife :)

Question: Mounting? My first yote and I want to mount. Head or full mount. Any good taxidermists Woodstock/Canton area? He is on ice until the am - but I need to find a taxidermist for the am.

Thx

Yote2.jpg

Yote1.jpg

Last edited:
What MV are you getting from the Blackout? I think you are shooting the TTSX at the lowest MV I have seen it used. It looks like you still got good bullet expansion.

What is COAL?

Last edited:
I am getting 2019fps from the above load. OAL is 2.150. I am using load data writen up by Bill Wilson (Wilson Combat) and ran it thru my chrony. You should have seen the exit wound on the deer! Those TTSX bullets are expanding just fine at 2k fps!

Back
Top Bottom