• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Costco membership

MrJim

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
19   0
Reaction score
Been thinking about joining. Is it worth it? Never been in a Costco. Have been in Sams and it was ok but nothing special. Any thoughts?

Im prerty sure they black listed me after i made them refund my money when the mask nazis wouldnt let me shop AFTER they sold me a membership. Didnt need one in the tire center for the 2 hours while i got tires but couldnt buy groceries without one....but you could sit down and eat a hot dog or pizza without one.....go figure.....

We got a membership back during the pandemic when a lot of store shelves were bare and we wanted another option for shopping. The closest store to us is Buford and it's always very crowded. That's the only thing I don't like. We don't go often.

It's very much like Sams or BJs Wholesale. If you can handle the bulk packaging, it's worth it. The savings on one large item can also be worth it (big screen, appliance, etc..). If you only go once or twice, it's not going to be worth it.

Died in the wool Costco fan here.

We have the executive membership and their credit card. We do 95% of our shopping there - literally there every week. Based on their rewards program they pay us to shop there.

Have our cell phones through them. Bought sons' college laptops there - they usually double all electronic warranties. They also have a concierge electronics service that helps with technical issues.

We shop at the Jordan Court store and we avoid it like the plague on the weekend. Too busy. Miserable shopping experience because of the crowds. If you can only shop on the weekends then you may want to think twice about getting a membership.

Hot dog and a soda are still $1.55. Full size baked pizza is 10 bucks.

Gas is top-tier rated and usually the cheapest around.

We always buy our tires there. Great warranty/prices.

One of the best return policies out there.

Yeah, we're pretty over-the-top about the store.

I like it. I use a family members membership because I rarely go. They are picky about credit cards. That is my biggest and really only complaint besides the droves of people

If there was one closer to me I would have a membership. But the Sam's is much closer

Back
Top Bottom