• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Contender 22lr barrel threading locally?

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
125   0
Reaction score
Anyone had a contender barrel threaded anywhere near Atlanta and happy with the job?

the only issue I could see if the front sight is much bigger than most. would be fine to have it removed but it's integrated into the barrel as far as I can tell..

1672432100976.png

I've got a 22lr and a 22 hornet barrel that would be fun to suppress.

I have one a good friend who was an incredible machinist did for me. Unfortunately he is deceased now but I get to think about the great times we had together everytime I shoot it!

An added bonus is it takes a while to burn through a 50 round box of CCI Quiets and it is crazy accurate and stupid quiet suppressed!!

BTW I had him cut mine back a few inches to remove front sight prior to threading but I seem to recall it was removable with a screw or screws like most are.

cutting back to go before the sight is a good idea! I'll go check and see how it's mounted, I assumed it was fixed but possibly not!

or if anyone has had a contender barrel threaded for not crazy money, let me know. A new barrel threaded is like $350 I think, was hoping to find someone that was more in line with other barrel threading services. Or I guess I can sell my OE barrel and use that money towards an aftermarket one...

anyone had any experience with HP Grips and Machine? They offer some other stuff threaded that is of interest (Ruger 44mag) as well..

and it looks like LRI is doing some odds and ends (contender barrels as well) and they are a known good source just thought I'd see if there was anyone in Ga that might have done one or had experience..

just pulled the barrel out to check the front sight. It's been so long since I shot it I forgot it was an octagonal barrel and the front sight is part of the barrel.

Might check into selling it and buying a dedicated one, but will see what the market it like for the older barrels.

Back
Top Bottom