• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concrete block foundation coating....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to paint or stain our foundation.

It's just bare block at the moment.

Wondering wether anyone has done this.....

Suggestions for products? Looking for what would be simplest.

thanks

jcountry jcountry
I would highly suggest pressure washing, to clean and reveal any loose material. Patch any bug holes or chips and allow everything to dry until your patching material is cured out. Otherwise, you'll end up with bubbles in the finish. You'll want to apply a prime coat to help with adhesion and longevity of your topcoats. While elastomeric coatings can cost 50% more than acrylic/oil-based paints, it is the way to go on CMU. Expect to apply two coats on top of your primer.
Primer: KLIZ
Elastomeric: BEHR or

BillsCamino BillsCamino Sounds like old plaster/stucco. You could always remove whats lose and reskim the face.

jcountry jcountry
I would highly suggest pressure washing, to clean and reveal any loose material. Patch any bug holes or chips and allow everything to dry until your patching material is cured out. Otherwise, you'll end up with bubbles in the finish. You'll want to apply a prime coat to help with adhesion and longevity of your topcoats. While elastomeric coatings can cost 50% more than acrylic/oil-based paints, it is the way to go on CMU. Expect to apply two coats on top of your primer.

BillsCamino BillsCamino Sounds like old plaster/stucco. You could always remove whats lose and reskim the face.

Thanks!

jcountry jcountry

Thanks for the advice.

I have a couple of hairline cracks (probably about 1/16" to 1/8" tops) along the mortar joints here and there.

Is there a filler you'd recommend?

Back
Top Bottom