• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

combat shotgun gear review

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
so I am putting together a "tactical combat shotgun loadout" and I wanted to share a couple of products that I am pretty happy with and would recommend. First thing was I needed to choose a side saddle and I stumbled on the esstac shotgun cards. the idea behind shotgun cards is you attach a strip of Velcro (loop side) to the left side of the receiver of your shotgun and when you run dry you pull it off and slap a fresh card on which is a lot faster than reloading a fixed side saddle. I looked at a few different companies that make shotgun cards and I found the best reviews on the esstac not to mention it held the most at seven shells. I was very impressed with the quality of the product as it seems like the cards would hold up to time and abuse. The second item I got was the condor buttcuff which is a rig that straps around your stock and has a strip of Velcro that holds shotgun cards as well (recurring theme as the side saddle). I use this card for all slugs for slug changeovers as needed and to add number of shells at your disposal. The only downfall to the buttcuff is the rig uses the hook side of the Velcro and the card from condor has the loops which is opposite of the cards for the side saddle but that's easily fixed by my grandmother that can sew the right strip on. It looks like it would be heavy but I promise you its not that bad even with 21 shells on board lol.
combat.jpg
combat2.jpg
shells.jpg
shells2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom