• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Combat Handgun, Saturday September 26, Carrollton GA

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Precision Applications, LLC will be holding a Combat Handgun Course on Saturday, September 26.

Course will be held at:
3775 West Hwy 166
Carrollton, GA 30117
Starting time is 8am and will run until approximately 5pm with a 1 hour break for lunch.

Topics will cover, but are not limited to:
-Combat Mindset
-Draw stroke (with and without a covering garment)
-Reloads
-Ready positions
-Malfunction clearances
-Shooting while moving
-Use of cover
-Extreme Close Quarters Shooting techniques
-Down & disabled engagement
-At the end of the day all students will have the opportunity to shoot the Tactical Pistol Course for score and awards

Gear list:
-Handgun with holster, revolvers are welcome
-Minimum of 2 spare magazines on person for immediate reload. I recommend about 6 mags total, more if you’re running a single-stack
-Eye and ear protection
-Hat with a front brim
-600rds of ammunition

Cost of the course is $175 per student. I accept checks, money orders, cash and discrete PayPal (you pay the 3.5% fee). Your slot is not guaranteed as yours until your course fees are received. Course is limited to 20 students (2 relays of 10 each).

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Semper Fi!

I'll be there. Need some more instruction and trigger time moving and shooting. Extra credit if you can get me to quit closing my non dominant eye when I'm shooting under time pressure. Can you pm me your paypal info?

Still have some slots available.

Don't let my bio, or those of my Instructors, worry you. We run a laid back class......I feel folks learn better if their interest is engaged and they're having fun. If all they're worried about is messing up, or getting yelled at, they don't learn nearly as much. We'll have fun when we can have fun, and lock it down and get serious when we have to.

With the Instructor:student ratio, you'll get the assistance that YOU need, not an overall cookie cutter approach.

Semper Fi!

I don't know that you or your instructors are intimidating people, CM.
With the economy being what it still is, I'm thinking that lots of folks don't want to spend $425 (for the ammo and the class and the gas to drive to and from Carrolton).
But I hope you fill the class, and everybody enjoys the cooler weather of late September.

I only made that statement because I've had several IM's from folks worried that they didn't have the prerequisite skills for this course, and didn't want the Instructors to lose patience with them. I wanted to assure folks this would not be the case.

The class is filling up nicely.....I just didn't want any folks to hold off for the wrong reasons. $ issues I understand!

I think your prices are very reasonable when the ammo costs more than the instruction. Especially when considering your credentials. I'll be there, and the carbine course in October and I'm looking forward to both!

I don't know that you or your instructors are intimidating people, CM.
With the economy being what it still is, I'm thinking that lots of folks don't want to spend $425 (for the ammo and the class and the gas to drive to and from Carrolton).
But I hope you fill the class, and everybody enjoys the cooler weather of late September.

This. I'd love to do the course. And I'm sure I'd take my fair share of looks from instructors as I've never taken a formal course before (other than hunters safety, which really doesn't count) :lol: I think of myself as a decent shot, but an ego check every now and then is a nice reminder that there is always something to be learned.

Its just not financially responsible for me to do right now. Of course I just had a job interview that I'm hopeful for

I'll vouch for the laid back instruction. Shep and team do a great job catering to all types of shooters. I'm no high speed guy, but I love to shoot and when I took the carbine course awhile back, we had a great time. It was a mixed bag of folks but everyone stayed safe, had fun, and improved their ability to confidently use their carbine in all types of shooting situations.

Back
Top Bottom