Christmas scams

timbgtm

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Bigr hamr
Staff member
Super Moderator
137   0
Reaction score
I keep receiving calls stating this is Amazon, there was an attempt to charge 700ish $$$ from somewhere in Ohio. I know its not legit, the caller ID shows call originated in Cartersville ga, my home town. They don't give up, 3 times today already. Is there someway to stop this? I know, hopeless cause stopping spammers.

Also, let's keep each other informed on scams by listing the type of scams you have received. My home phone and cell have been blown up the last few days. I block the numbers, but they spoof up another right away.

I emailed Amazon about this, but I doubt I'll hear anything useful back.

I keep receiving calls stating this is Amazon, there was an attempt to charge 700ish $$$ from somewhere in Ohio. I know its not legit, the caller ID shows call originated in Cartersville ga, my home town. They don't give up, 3 times today already. Is there someway to stop this? I know, hopeless cause stopping spammers.

Also, let's keep each other informed on scams by listing the type of scams you have received. My home phone and cell have been blown up the last few days. I block the numbers, but they spoof up another right away.

I emailed Amazon about this, but I doubt I'll hear anything useful back.

I used to get a ton of these. They slowed down after I worked my way through the menu then wasted as much time as possible with the person then called them a few obscenities.

I used to get a ton of these. They slowed down after I worked my way through the menu then wasted as much time with the person as possible then called them a few obscenities and hanging up.

Most of the calls I receive are prerecorded, they put me on hold the a guy answers" how may I help you" I reply you called me, then click, he knew I was on to him. He had a strong Indian accent.

Can you not block the number? I'm currently in a situation where I have to answer unknown numbers on my phone but I'm real quick with the hangup.
"Hello, this is a courtesy ca...." CLICK!

They spoof and cycle through way too many numbers to effectively block them.

Back
Top Bottom