Christmas eve eve hunt

I haven't seen a thing yet other than a coon in a dogproof trap on the way in. Gotta love the quietness of a 22 short cb. The turkeys were loud for the last hour or so. The neighbor shot and about scared me out of the tree. It was a few hundred yards away but it sounded closer since it's just the other side of the clear cut with only a few rows of pines between us

Saw 1 doe just a few minutes ago as I was easing along the trail checking my trap line. Only 2 raccoons all weekend. Wasn't a total bust I guess. Gonna hang a camera and put out some feed and head home to get things ready for Christmas.

The squirrelfest was interesting, lol! No deer harvested or seen today. It was good to get out in God's woods. Best of luck to yall who are still out chasing em 🙏🦌🙏
Went squirrel hunting in Redlands earlier this week. They are in full rut, chasing each other around. Had two doing the wild thing in the tree right in front of me. She was dragging him up the tree. Quite the spectacle! If I wanted to I could've easily shot my limit, but didn't need that many nor want to clean more than the six I got.

Back
Top Bottom