Chip McCormick AR Flat Tactical Trigger; Single Stage

thehaitian0341

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
Just purchased/installed one last night. Here are just a few of my thoughts:

Installation: Couldn't be any easier, seriously. Drop it in, add pins. I wasn't too fond of their c-clip pins so I used a set of KNS pins I had. Installation took a matter of minutes.

The trigger: Although I have yet to shoot it I am pretty impressed. Incredibly crisp, light pull. The flat trigger makes for a unique but comfortable feel. The reset has a little more travel than I would have thought, but this is no "deal breaker"; it's much nicer than the Daniel Defense trigger I had before it (and nothing against DD, I love their stuff. Just ran into a few bucks to upgrade).

Notes: I have a Phase 5 EBRV2 which takes up a lot of space given the flat trigger sits that much farther forward. Looking at my other rifle with a BAD on it, I think it'll take up just as much space using a BAD. So, I will most likely be removing the EBRV as it touches the front of my finger in the resting position.

**For what it's worth, I am a casual shooter. I claim to be no expert; this is my first "tactical" trigger upgrade. I'll upload a picture tonight of the gap between the trigger and bolt release so you can see what I'm talking about.**

Back
Top Bottom