• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Chicago named best big city

I'm in Atlanta right now. It's great!

My neighbors are from Chicago. They said it's like Atlanta, stay away from the **** areas

And be uber careful after dark, no matter where you are in any city. Walked up and down Michigan Ave in the late 90s and 2000 when I traveled for business. Nice museums, good stuff to see. But you just don't wander around after dark.

Haven't been to Underground Atlanta in 20 years either. Not sure I'd go after sunset anymore. Definitely not at 2am.

Just don't swim in known shark infested waters.

I'd still rather walk in the woods anytime day or night than a big city at night.

And be uber careful after dark, no matter where you are in any city. Walked up and down Michigan Ave in the late 90s and 2000 when I traveled for business. Nice museums, good stuff to see. But you just don't wander around after dark.

Haven't been to Underground Atlanta in 20 years either. Not sure I'd go after sunset anymore. Definitely not at 2am.

Just don't swim in known shark infested waters.

I'd still rather walk in the woods anytime day or night than a big city at night.
I'm in east Atlanta by Decatur. Homes are all $800K+ no issues walking the dog at 9pm every night.

It all comes down to where you live at and go to in any city. Everyone's perspective may be different. Take Macon Georgia for another example . I would wager 90 percent of the murders / shootings are gang / drug related. Another 5 to 8 percent domestic violence related. The days of random car jacking and muggings seem to be long gone.

Stay in the tourist areas and upper income areas and you will have a good safe time.

It all comes down to where you live at and go to in any city. Everyone's perspective may be different. Take Macon Georgia for another example . I would wager 90 percent of the murders / shootings are gang / drug related. Another 5 to 8 percent domestic violence related. The days of random car jacking and muggings seem to be long gone.

Stay in the tourist areas and upper income areas and you will have a good safe time.
I understand what you and Mrs_Esterhouse Mrs_Esterhouse Esterhouse are saying. And there are areas of Toccoa, GA where I wouldn't go at night. Not knocking where anyone lives, however:

This is from 2019. It's only gotten worse: defund police and increased homeless and increased drug activity:

And why was Buckhead wanting to secede from Atlanta?

I understand what you and Mrs_Esterhouse Mrs_Esterhouse Mrs_Esterhouse Mrs_Esterhouse Esterhouse are saying. And there are areas of Toccoa, GA where I wouldn't go at night. Not knocking where anyone lives, however:

This is from 2019. It's only gotten worse: defund police and increased homeless and increased drug activity:

And why was Buckhead wanting to secede from Atlanta?

San Francisco has become a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah . It is beyond redemption. Violent crime , looting stores and sexual immorality have become a way of life for people that chose to live there. I would argue it is an outlier.

Buckhead wanted to secede so they could have their own police force to serve the millionaires living there. They kept reporting jaywalking crimes and people stealing items from their unlocked cars and were very unhappy that the Atlanta Police Department did not drop everything and come to Buckhead and cater to their needs.

Chicago is right next to New York and LA in terms of biggest **** holes in the US. They make Atlanta seem ok

Best post! Atlanta is fine compared to Chicago.

Ya all ever notice that worst cities in America are all run by Democrats. Every single one.

Back
Top Bottom