• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cherokee Gun & Pawn BLACK FRIDAY AD

I believe that's only if you buy multiple handguns.

Same consideration for lowers (90% on this since lowers are also 21+ to buy as handguns are). It's rifles that don't get flagged until a higher number (or it's to the FFL's discretion or something).

I bought two Hi Points from an FFL earlier this year and can say I never talked to anyone from the ATF. Flagged? Sure, because that's the law. Would you get a visit because you purchased three cheap AR lowers during a Black Friday sale? I think it's unlikely, just due to the number of people that will be purchasing them (and everything else). Maybe if you bought like 20 or 30 or something to that affect at once

And it's two or more handguns from the same store within a seven day period, unless I'm misquoting that. So if you bought a handgun today and then went back two days later and bought another, pretty sure that gets you "flagged". But again, I purchased two Hi Point C9's earlier this year on the same day at the same time because the FFL gave me a great deal for them ($160 OTD) and I never spoke to anyone. YMMV.

Same consideration for lowers (90% on this since lowers are also 21+ to buy as handguns are). It's rifles that don't get flagged until a higher number (or it's to the FFL's discretion or something).

I bought two Hi Points from an FFL earlier this year and can say I never talked to anyone from the ATF. Flagged? Sure, because that's the law. Would you get a visit because you purchased three cheap AR lowers during a Black Friday sale? I think it's unlikely, just due to the number of people that will be purchasing them (and everything else). Maybe if you bought like 20 or 30 or something to that affect at once

And it's two or more handguns from the same store within a seven day period, unless I'm misquoting that. So if you bought a handgun today and then went back two days later and bought another, pretty sure that gets you "flagged". But again, I purchased two Hi Point C9's earlier this year on the same day at the same time because the FFL gave me a great deal for them ($160 OTD) and I never spoke to anyone. YMMV.

I don't think anyone comes to talk with you but the FFL has to notify either the local police or ATF or both. You are on "the list".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom