Checking files

Found something at Hobbytown USA that would work.

I'm going to tell anyone that will listen, whatever a smith charges for hand checking, its worth it! Mine came out pretty good, but it wouldn't pass for professional or factory.

Here's the fruit of about 6 hours of labor

uploadfromtaptalk1372715927139.jpg

Found something at Hobbytown USA that would work.

I'm going to tell anyone that will listen, whatever a smith charges for hand checking, its worth it! Mine came out pretty good, but it wouldn't pass for professional or factory.

Here's the fruit of about 6 hours of labor

View attachment 206059

Should you tackle checking again, get them from Brownells. I can attest to them first hand, they are well worth the cost.

I don't know what "Checking" is as far as a Firearm Grip Enhancement goes, but as Shrek suggests, Brownell's is an EXCELLENT source for CHECKERING Files, as is Midway USA...HTH....mikey357

Should you tackle checking again, get them from Brownells. I can attest to them first hand, they are well worth the cost.

I ordered the CHECKERING (My phone doesn't believe that's a real word and keeps changing it) file from brownells last night to clean it up some and bring up the diamonds. The more I look at it the less content I am with it. The files I bought aren't going to cut it, literally.

.uploadfromtaptalk1374432946236.jpg

As much as I hate necroposting I'm doing it anyway. Shrek is right on the brownells files, it really cleaned it up!

Amazing how the right tools make it so much easier. I ten to map my lines and space by over lapping.

Haha You spotted that wide row, huh? I screwed up coming off the factory vertical lines right there.

I have my beavertail fitted, haven't fitted the ambi safety yet, still waiting on VZ to send my grips. After that I'm ordering some night sights and then she's coming up to you for some sniper grey cerakote. Gonna be my perfect p14 when we're done.

Haha You spotted that wide row, huh? I screwed up coming off the factory vertical lines right there.

I have my beavertail fitted, haven't fitted the ambi safety yet, still waiting on VZ to send my grips. After that I'm ordering some night sights and then she's coming up to you for some sniper grey cerakote. Gonna be my perfect p14 when we're done.

Well do sir! Nothing like shooting something YOU put the effort in to. Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom