Checking files

T-Roy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can pick up something like this in the metro area?

uploadfromtaptalk1372691877122.jpg

I'm in the middle of my first attempt at checking and I don't want to wait on an internet order.

Have my basic pattern coming in pretty well, but I need to clean in up some.

Thanks

Is that shaped like an ice pick, but with a slight curve at the end? If so, look for a medical supply warehouse, and get some of then dental tools.

It's a small triangular file with a steep cut, this one is 60º. I guess you use them to bring up the points after you get the grid cut in with the checking file.

I thought I could possibly get it good enough with just the checking file, but that ain't working out for me.

It's a small triangular file with a steep cut, this one is 60º. I guess you use them to bring up the points after you get the grid cut in with the checking file.

I thought I could possibly get it good enough with just the checking file, but that ain't working out for me.
Have you looked at Harbor Freight?

lol, more like, 'people with a tight budget'. That why I love harbor.

I do too. Truthfully you can go to Home Depot and pay four times as much for the same stuff made the same Chinese factory. They're usually my first stop for tools. I already have their set of needle files , and it doesn't have the one I need. They might sell a different set or loose ones though.

Back
Top Bottom