• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check or Money Order for the $200 to the BATF?

chopper duke

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
205   0
Reaction score
Im getting ready to send in my first ever Form, but when I moved I didn't order new checks. I use them so rarely a still have 3/4 of a box left it seemed silly to buy more. Will this present a problem when sending in the check for the stamp or does it even matter?

They don't care if the printed address on your check matches the information on the form. I'm in the same boat as you - On both of mine I scratched out the old address, wrote in the new one, and they cashed it with no problem.

Line "h." of ATF form 4(5320.4) states:

"Remittance. A check or money order, made payable to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tabacco, Firearms and Explosives, in the amount for the appropriate rate of tax...."

They do an ACH on it, not cash it. I've never heard of them caring what the check address was as long as it has money on the other end.

I'd do the check over the MO so you can see when they deposit it.

They do an ACH on it, not cash it. I've never heard of them caring what the check address was as long as it has money on the other end.

I'd do the check over the MO so you can see when they deposit it.

Yeah, they cash/deposit the check the same day they receive it....or so it seemed with mine...lol

My first two were MOs. Though the ones I'm about to send in now are gonna be checks. Just because I dont have to go through the hassle of getting and paying for a MO, while also getting to see when the check was cashed.

Back
Top Bottom