• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ceramic coat over auto paint

I am seeing this more often now, whats your opinion and which Method do you think, is the best way to go?
Are you referring to ceramic coating? If so, I looked at it a while back and decided to pass. It will relieve you of the burden of waxing for a few years, but it really doesn't protect the paint from scratches and chips (which was why I was researching it). Pretty expensive to boot.

But if you absolutely want the paint to look freshly waxed, I guess it has some merit.

I had this applied to my 2004 Avalanche when I bought it new....18 years ago....still looks like I just waxed it.....I've done nothing else to the finish.....still my main ride....use it every day!! 350k+ miles

What exactly are you asking?

Cerakote vs auto paint?

If that's the question then the answer is cerakote for your guns and auto paint for your automobiles.

Cerakote on top of Auto paint?

No.

I opened this thread and meant to say Ceramic Coat over the paint to protect from light scratches..Also to not have to wax as much..My bad!
Gotcha, Makes sense now.

You'd be surprised though how many people asked me about cerakoting their vehicles :lol:

Back
Top Bottom