• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Century/MKE AP5

Ive seen a handful of K types having cycling issues but I figured out a fix for them by dremeling out the back plate. I SBR'ed my full size AP5 and its pretty awesome. Only 3-4k rounds through it but zero cycling issues.

Been really considering an AP5 with the tri-lug over a SP5 but would be a huge downer if I got one with issues or bad welds. Also looking at videos on youtube all of the clones seem to have weak or inconsistent ejection while the SP5 always looks like it is throwing the brass into a nice pile off to the side. Something to worry about?

Been really considering an AP5 with the tri-lug over a SP5 but would be a huge downer if I got one with issues or bad welds. Also looking at videos on youtube all of the clones seem to have weak or inconsistent ejection while the SP5 always looks like it is throwing the brass into a nice pile off to the side. Something to worry about?
I follow the reddit MP5 thread and 8 out of the 10 posts are about problems and how to fix a clone gun, be it Century or Zenith, etc. I don't know of it's just a unbiased forum or just he problems make it on there, buy hardly ever does any post anything negative about a real HK. I have the SP5 and the SP5K-PDW and they both run flawless. As everything YMMV.

I follow the reddit MP5 thread and 8 out of the 10 posts are about problems and how to fix a clone gun, be it Century or Zenith, etc. I don't know of it's just a unbiased forum or just he problems make it on there, buy hardly ever does any post anything negative about a real HK. I have the SP5 and the SP5K-PDW and they both run flawless. As everything YMMV.
I thought the same way until you realize the sheer volume of AP sales vs HK/zenith/PTR. Anyone who ever wanted an MP5 bought one or two.

I thought the same way until you realize the sheer volume of AP sales vs HK/zenith/PTR. Anyone who ever wanted an MP5 bought one or two.
But you have to weigh that against the number of folks who beat on their guns, too. Folks that plan on running hard won't usually buy the cheap stuff because they know you get what you pay for most of the time. The clones are having issues right out of the box. What can you expect 4k rounds later? Or 2k rounds after its got a form 1 on it and needs a new receiver? I'm jaded toward the quality.

When I bought my zenith import mke, I put 1,000 round through it in a weekend before filing my form 1. I had 1 ftf at around 250 rounds The receiver had a cosmoline like gunk inside. I sprayed it with brake cleaner, wipe out the gunk and oiled it and fired another 750 or so without issue. It doesn't like flat nose fmj, but feeds xtps without issue. A couple thousand rounds, mostly suppressed since then. O issues.

Back
Top Bottom