• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Caution Seniors

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Fellow Seniors.....beware of scammers and other criminals, hold on to your wallets, they want your money.

As I grow older, there is an increasing tendency for cashiers, merchants and other folks to cheat, over charge or steal your money.

My wife was going for some minor outpatient stuff at Gwinnett hospital, she had been an inpatient the first week of January and all 2023 deductibles had been met then. She is a senior with FULL medicare benefits, yet the clerk managed to extract a $375 "deposit" from her. I wasn't there or they wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Just this morning she got a call wanting a $70 payment for her oxygen service. I called them back, they initially rolled it back to $17, then to zero when I explained that she had FULL coverage and owed NOTHING.

Fast food cashiers must get trained that if the customer looks old and easily fooled, try to scam them too. Taco Bell last night didn't give me my change from a $20 for $11 in food. I had to block the drive-thru lane until I got paid. Couple weeks ago, at McDonald's, I paid a $15 check with a $50, and they gave me change for a $20, then argued with me about it.

They will screw you if they think they can get away with it, be cautious.

Fellow Seniors.....beware of scammers and other criminals, hold on to your wallets, they want your money.

As I grow older, there is an increasing tendency for cashiers, merchants and other folks to cheat, over charge or steal your money.
Now I'm confused, how can they steal my money by you growing older?

I often tell young cashiers as they try to figure the correct change
even after I've told them how much it should be "that's a benefit
of going to school back before schools allowed calculators".
Extra puzzlement when change amount is .62 and you give them
.12 so you can get two quarters back.
Want to really confuse some cashiers hand them a $2 bill.

Now I'm confused, how can they steal my money by you growing older?

I often tell young cashiers as they try to figure the correct change
even after I've told them how much it should be "that's a benefit
of going to school back before schools allowed calculators".
Extra puzzlement when change amount is .62 and you give them
.12 so you can get two quarters back.
Want to really confuse some cashiers hand them a $2 bill.
So thats you at the front of the line holding us up, LOL!!! At least you're not writing a check. Just use Apple Pay or at least a debit card...and get out of the left lane!!

My wife was going for some minor outpatient stuff at Gwinnett hospital, she had been an inpatient the first week of January and all 2023 deductibles had been met then. She is a senior with FULL medicare benefits, yet the clerk managed to extract a $375 "deposit" from her. I wasn't there or they wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Just this morning she got a call wanting a $70 payment for her oxygen service. I called them back, they initially rolled it back to $17, then to zero when I explained that she had FULL coverage and owed NOTHING.

Fast food cashiers must get trained that if the customer looks old and easily fooled, try to scam them too. Taco Bell last night didn't give me my change from a $20 for $11 in food. I had to block the drive-thru lane until I got paid. Couple weeks ago, at McDonald's, I paid a $15 check with a $50, and they gave me change for a $20, then argued with me about it.

They will screw you if they think they can get away with it, be cautious.
They're just following the governments lead.

Back
Top Bottom