• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cartersville Douthit Ferry Highway Expansion

Bob_Billy107

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just would like to throw this out there. GDOT is currently planning on expanding Douthit Ferry Rd in Cartersville into a four lane divided highway with 20 foot wide median. This road runs right through Sam Smith Park, Dellinger Park, the Etowah River, Etowah Indian Mounds, and many residential neighborhoods, churches, and schools.

My neighbors and I believe this would negatively impact the area that is meant to draw people from the city of Cartersville and the surrounding areas for recreation. The GDOT public outreach has been extended for comment for one more week til Friday February 18th.

I am asking anyone who is affected by this or anyone else who just wants to take a minute or two please follow the link below and comment opposed to this project. Also anyone from the Cartersville area please forward to all of your neighbors to comment. The leave a comment link is about halfway down the page.

If the link is not working google "GDOT Public Outreach" and it should be the first search result and the first project listed on the GDOT page.

I moved to this area because of the small town feel and believe this will ruin that feeling.

Thank you all for helping if you can.

https://douthit-ferry-rd-widening-0007494-gdot.hub.arcgis.com/

Your comments will be ignored. The public hearings are just for show. They dont care because they are taking your land by force.
Work in the industry and for the most part you’re correct, BUT depending on the stage of the design they do have to make attempts to meet request if they are legit and not just “I’m opposed” the only effective way to sandbag a project is elected officials cause they carry the clout with the state…the only other option is to go hippie and spout off environmental concerns and endangered species habitat (say you saw something in the area)

There’s a mountain they have to tear down on that road, cotton fields will go next, town houses and 400,000 cookie cutter homes everywhere, rural life will be lost, that’s what i like about Cartersville. Saw it in Woodstock, Alpharetta, in the 80-90’s,

The only shot you may have is any impact on the Etowah River, there are a few sensitive and endangered species in that river system, but I am sure that they are already prepared for that argument. Ask them to see their environmental impact studies, contact the fed epa. Contact the looniest environmental group you can find and see if they have anyone available to raise cain and get the ball rolling.

Good luck, Bartow county and Cartersville are well on their way to becoming Marietta North...

I am kinda surprised that the project would not effect the Indian mounds....maybe find a few old native artifacts that are in the way or something, that seems to shut em down pretty quick.

That extension over the river will make a mess no matter how they think they have it handled.

There’s a mountain they have to tear down on that road, cotton fields will go next, town houses and 400,000 cookie cutter homes everywhere, rural life will be lost, that’s what i like about Cartersville. Saw it in Woodstock, Alpharetta, in the 80-90’s,
There ain't nothing about Cartersville rural.

Back
Top Bottom