• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carp are spawning

Trout Slayer

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
The carp on the hooch were spawning heavily this morning. Makes fishing tough but you see a ton of fish. If you've never caught a carp on the fly you're missing out on an epic adventure.

Cheers.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_03_uguvezy3.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_03_6e6anu6e.jpg

I bet that was a blast hooking into those! I used to fish for them with micro lights and 10 pound test in Noonday creek as a kid. I felt like I had a whale on the other end of the pole.

There are a few spots on the hooch that would be killer for bow fishing for carp. You could literally fill a large boat to the point of sinking it. I think it would be cool to bow fish for them and I'd be up for doing it but I won't share publicly where the mass of these guys are located cause I'd hate for them to be wiped out.
...and yes I understand they are an invasive species but they are not damaging the ecosystem right now (from what I've been told) and they are an amazing sport fish. One of the best fighting and challenging fish in our region.

It may sound funny but Carp love Honey Buns.. I've caught a lot of carp on Honey Buns.. Honey Bun no sinker, and a float about 18 inches up and away from the hook...try it and tell me how it works for you

It may sound funny but Carp love Honey Buns.. I've caught a lot of carp on Honey Buns.. Honey Bun no sinker, and a float about 18 inches up and away from the hook...try it and tell me how it works for you

I've got to try the honey buns. I've always used the cheapest white bread I can find. Carp are a blast to catch. The put up a strong fight.

Off subject, an old black lady that used to fish at the lake where I grew up told me in order to eat them, you must remove the yellow fat strip that runs through them. I've never built up the nerves to try to eat one. When we were kids, my grandfather would cook the bass and bream, but the barn cats got the carp. I'd hate to break that tradition.

Back
Top Bottom