• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Can't get the barrel bushing over the spring plug on my 1911

Is it a series 80 fire control system? They have a firing pin block system that was added as a third safety. This system is a PITA to reassemble.

The 1911 is not the friendliest of pistols to disassemble and reassemble. It is quite different from the take-down lever designs that are so prevalent these days. But once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine. I also had the spring cap go shooting across the room the first couple of times I disassembled mine.

Happy shooting.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

me too but mine was in a barracks bay....
it cost me 100 pushups to get it back

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

me too but mine was in a barracks bay....
it cost me 100 pushups to get it back

I had a few get away as well. Dad, seated in a chair, upstairs working on his 1911 let one go, it nailed the exposed overhead fluorescent light, exploded with a loud pop, Dad in the excitement reeled backwards and fell over on the floor.

Mom (downstairs) white with fear screamed OMG he has shot himself. I ran upstairs to find Dad covered in white powder, laughing, still on his ass. He realized just what happened as he initially thought the gun was loaded and had fired. We both had a good laugh but Mom was unimpressed nor did she see the humor in the accidental loose spring cap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom