• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can someone splain this

MrJim

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
19   0
Reaction score
Recently I applied for social security online. I got the reply back thanking me for submitting online. Then I get a email saying the Albuquerque NM office is handling my application. I live in NE Ga. Wtf. Then I googled that office and it’s nothing but one star reviews. Gonna see how it plays out a bit before going to the local office. I knew I should have went there in person to begin with but everyone said just apply online. Our government is so F’d up. Am I screwed?

Recently I applied for social security online. I got the reply back thanking me for submitting online. Then I get a email saying the Albuquerque NM office is handling my application. I live in NE Ga. Wtf. Then I googled that office and it’s nothing but one star reviews. Gonna see how it plays out a bit before going to the local office. I knew I should have went there in person to begin with but everyone said just apply online. Our government is so F’d up. Am I screwed?
Missa Jim take you tookus into the SSI office and apply..Don't ever leave it up to the Web......

I called to Toccoa office and made appointment and they called back about five days later at appointment time and did application over phone and sent paperwork for me to sign last year when Covid scare was going on. Got first check November on time and been good every month. 800-772-1213

Jim, I recommend check your application
make sure you used NE Ga zip, not the
Albaqurkey NM zip. If app looks okay better
wait a week or so to see what happens.
Contacting another office more likely to gum
up the works than speed up the process.
may just be as simple as you will have to
drive to NM every month to pick up your check.
Just their way to encourage you to use direct deposit.

Jim, I recommend check your application
make sure you used NE Ga zip, not the
Albaqurkey NM zip. If app looks okay better
wait a week or so to see what happens.
Contacting another office more likely to gum
up the works than speed up the process.
may just be as simple as you will have to
drive to NM every month to pick up your check.
Just their way to encourage you to use direct deposit.
Direct deposit works for me and always comes on the the first Wednesday on or after, the 8th of the month.

Back
Top Bottom