Camping stove?

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
Looking to buy a 2 burner propane camping stove. Wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for one that isn't a Coleman brand and maybe not made in China? I was looking at Coleman's, but see way too many bad reviews mentioning not actually being able to adjust heat/flame. Pretty much all the reviews that mentioned it say it's either all the way off or all the way on. Sounds like it's a common enough issue that there is actually a YouTube video for a way to "fix" that problem.

I use a Webber Q1000 for my camper, actually bought another for the house, they are great and run long time on a single 1lb propane tank. The one at the house is connected to a 20 lb propane tank via an adapter from amazon.
1644510708810.png

Pretty much all the reviews that mentioned it say it's either all the way off or all the way on. Sounds like it's a common enough issue that there is actually a YouTube video for a way to "fix" that problem.
Bizarre. I've been cooking on Coleman campstoves for over 40 years. Never had a problem, except when it's really cold. Yeah, the knobs are bit fiddly but it's a campstove, not a kitchen range cooktop.

Buy one from the Walmarts, keep the receipt, and fiddle with it yourself. If it doesn't work, take it back.

I don't know what model coleman you are referring to but I use and old 2 burner for roasting coffee twice a week on and a newer (2008) 3 burner I use camping. Both can be adjusted down to a simmer (much needed for perked coffee so it don't spew out the top). My buddy likes his camp chef and it also adjusts well.

I'm assuming you're looking for a propane camp stove. If so, the Camp Chef (Everest?) is well regarded and better built than the Coleman.

That said, I use a cheap Coleman 2 burner (base model) for camping and although 25 years old, works great. Also have a 40 yr old Coleman 2 burner white gas that works great, too. The only real complaint I've heard of on the newer Coleman propane stoves is that the gas valves can creep. Easy fix...just remove the valve stem and degrease the stem. Sometimes the grease Coleman uses makes the valve stem stiff and hard to fine adjust.

I have no experience with the newer Coleman stoves with Even-temp burners. They're supposed to be a step up from the older classic stoves. I've read good things about them, however.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom